Monday 12 January 2015

FACTS and SECRETS of 2014

Time flies when you are having FUN and fun I - but I also did work A LOT
Nevertheless, I still had some absolutely fantastic moments in 2014 and I want to take a short breath in and think of those moments with you.

For a quick reference here is the 2014 Recap video that gives you a speed-dash-flash flashback to some of the videos of 2014:



I am also kind of person who thinks it is so amazing that you are all watching the videos I create.
Surprise:
I still can't really believe it all.
Yes I am serious!

The fact there are people around the world, small, tall, young, old, male, female, transgender, people of all colors, shapes, ideas, opinions and believes, and they chose to watch my videos. That is a truly fantastic thing.
And whenever I get a comment of you saying you like my videos, it makes me the happiest girl. I am the type of YouTuber, I really believe in the power of my viewers. And sometimes I need to pinch myself to believe it all. Most of the time, I can't quite believe it. Thank you so much.

Thank you all so much for being on this journey with me!
I am also surprised how many "long-term" viewers recently have emerged. I don't mean since I started, but people that have stayed with me for so long, they will write reminiscent posts about past videos. Everytime I am like "WOW you remember my older video? You have actually seen it?"
See, I still can't quite believe you guys are watching.
You are all so sweet.

Surprisingly, even though I was insanely busy in 2014 (to a level of getting sick a lot) I realized I actually uploaded more videos than in 2013. A Miracle.
I uploaded a total of 44 videos in 2014.
Furthermore, I still have a whole pile of videos that have not been edited yet! AAH!

So here are some facts and secrets of 2014:

1) I was blessed with being able to celebrate my birthday in three countries: Japan, Germany and the United Kingdom. Being able to see how many of my friends still care (and remember) me was the biggest gift I got this year and it's worth more than all the money in the world. Even if I am not much in touch because I am so busy, I hope they will still remember me for years to come.

2) I started working in Japan - SERIOUSLY. Some days I am working up to 11 hours in a room with no windows, and there is lots of unpaid time we have to put in. It is NOT a piece of cake (yum), and not everyone can do it. My health has crumbled a lot but I am fighting hard to make it possible to combine a busy work schedule with making videos for you-

3) KAWAII PATEEN is kind enough to let me be their fashion photographer. Which lead to some of the best moments I had and I am very grateful for the chance to meet Aoki Misako, Yui Minakata and Kimura U. They are all very beautiful talented fashion models and it was a great honor to meet them.

4)  a BIG TECHNICAL PROBLEM I had this year was my editing software.
Sony  Vegas used to be great, but now no matter how many times I re-install it,
it keeps crashing on me whenever I edit a video longer than 3 minutes.
And then it takes 3 hours to fix the error and the quality really suffers.

5) The convention I helped founding called "MOE MOE CON" went into its second year! It really made me feel like I have set a milestone for my old university and I hope the future Anime Manga society will be able to make many more great conventions for years to come.

6) I reached over 9.000 subscribers! .... Which naturally means I am checking every day how far it will be until I get ooooh 10.000!!! I actually feel like a child before Christmas. Even more. Like the ultimate Christmas coming up.

7) I danced on camera. Well, I try to avoid dancing on youtube to be honest but... we rehearsed and practiced the Youkai dance for the Harajuku Halloween Walk. I actually love dancing, however for a variety of reasons I am not a youtube dancer. I still dance though. Especially when a good song comes up in my playlist, and when my room is not cluttered with stuff so I don't step on dresses

8) I spend A LOT on fashion this year. A SERIOUS AMOUNT of my salary seems to straight go from my account into dresses. Magic. Frilly magic. If you watch my channel you probably know. But counting it all up, I must have spend a serious fortune this year on my hobby. But then a friend said:
"You are young - buy more dresses" and I think she is right.

Anyways I would like to thank you all for being part of my journey!
Please keep supporting me from now on too!
You are what makes this channel so much fun to do.

Lots of Love and many thanks,

Cathy Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment